Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dead Tree

When I was writing yesterday, I forgot to mention something that happened last week.  Wayne was in the living room on our desktop, and I was in the kitchen on my laptop.  I heard a loud noise, sounded like an explosion, but couldn't tell where it came from.  When I looked out the back door, I saw a tree branch in the bed of Wayne's truck.  I told him about it, but he didn't seem to be too concerned.  A few minutes later, I looked out again and then saw a neighbor from over the hill taking pictures of our truck.  I told Wayne, and he went out to see what was going on.

It turned out that more than a limb had fallen.  A dead tree in a neighbor's yard had fallen across the road and partially onto our truck.  The neighbor taking pictures was going to email the pictures to the property owner, who was at work at the time.  Wayne got his camera and took several pictures, too.




Our neighbor's Homeowner's insurance covered the damage to our truck, and Wayne and the neighbor cleaned up the debris.

It was raining or storming at the time the tree fell, but we have had so much rain lately that we figure the ground got so wet it could no longer hold the tree. We've heard of other trees around falling the same way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Glad no one was hurt when the tree fell! I saw a picture of Wayne's truck in the Standard, but these pics give a better look at the damage. You just never know.