Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Looking Back and Forward

What a year 2007 was!

In May Garret came home from England to marry his beautiful Kalee. With him in the Air Force in England, a lot of their wedding plans were made via internet and phone. It was up to Kalee and her mom to do most of the actual work, and they did it beautifully. I think this was one of the most upbeat weddings I have ever attended. Kalee's dance with her father at the reception brought tears to my eyes. How perfect! I am so happy that Kalee is our new daughter-in-law, but I wish they lived closer than England.

Danny was able to be at the wedding, and that was wonderful. Garret had asked Danny to be a groomsman, but he was not sure until the last minute whether he would able to be there. So, Garret asked his dad to be a groomsman. Wayne was so proud.

I got to see little Danny, my new great-grandson while big Danny was here. I hadn't seen his son, Alan, for some time, so that was neat, too.

I took Danny home to Denver a couple of days after the wedding, and as usual, that was fun. That has to be one of my favorite places. I made another trip out to visit later in the year, and had a ball that time, too.

In June, my grandson, Derek, married his long time girlfriend Kristen. They had a beautiful wedding, too, although it poured that day. The reception was a lot of fun, too. Terri had been hoping for this for a long time, as she and Don really like Kristen.

My daughter, Terri, and son-in-law, Don, moved to Texas in October. This is the first time Terri has lived more than a few minutes from me, so she is missed. The good thing about it, is that I have another place to visit! I love to travel, but can't afford to stay in motels much.

Terri and Don were back for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so that was good.

One bad thing that happened this year was the death from cancer of Terri's and Don's dog, Bear. He was a wonderful dog, and they did everything they could for him. He had a pretty good life, thanks to them.

In November there was another big change in our lives when Wayne retired. We had thought that would be a big adjustment, but it seems so natural for him to be home. In December he resigned from the Housing Authority and filed for City Council. That election will be in April. I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about that.

I was going to write more about the coming year, but I think I have rambled on long enough for this time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful year.

No comments: