Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Children

All last year and this I had tried to figure out how I could get to Denver to visit my younger son.  I have driven the six-hundred plus miles more than once, but that was before my breathing got so bad.  The driving part wouldn't be a problem, but because of my emphysema having to gas the car, stop for restrooms, and check into motels with my air and luggage would be very hard. I was honestly afriad to try it.  Then this week he moved back to Missouri.  Right now he is living about thirty minutes away, and I have already seen him twice. Prayers are answered.  Now if he can just find a decent job and a decent place to live I can relax.

My daughter is still missing her Texas home so much. She likes her new home and being close to family and old friends, but she is so homesick for her Texas friends and her church.  She loved her home and her way of life there. As a parent, I feel so helpless as there is nothing I can do to make the sadness go away. I am proud of the way that she doesn't let this rule her life here, but I can feel the sadness in her heart.

My older son is still stationed at Fort Meade in Maryland, and is scheduled to go to Iraq next year, probably in March.  He and his wife have made some short visits back here, and we are trying to figure out how we can manage to visit them in Baltimore. Our dogs and money are the only things stopping us from going.

Weather has cooled off and now feels like Fall. My favorite time of the year, or maybe second to Winter. I love being able to wear sweaters and sweatshirts.  

No comments: