Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A HOT DAY IN THE MIDWEST

I guess summer is really here, temperature is 101 degrees. Needless to say, we are staying inside today. Even the dogs want back inside immediately after taking care of their doggy duties.

I hope everyone had a good Father's Day. Wayne was very pleased with his. He got phone calls from all of his kids, including Terri. Garret called from England right after it turned midnight there, so he could be the first to tell Wayne happy Father's Day. We got a kick out of that. Sunday evening Wayne and I went to Lonestar Steak House for supper. It was so good, and since it was Father's Day, they gave Wayne a fifteen dollar coupon good toward his next meal there.

One of the problems with both of us being retired, it is sometimes hard to keep track of what day it is. We both thought Father's Day was the Sunday before. We stayed around home all day, wondering why none of the kids had called. Terri usually sends cards for all occassions, and Wayne hadn't even heard from her. We thought maybe the mail was just slow, and he would get a card Monday. It was sometime Monday before we found out that we were a week ahead of ourselves. Now, this has nothing to do with getting old, it is just a simple mix up that could happen to anyone.

Less than a week to go before my next colonscopy. I am rather nervous about what will happen after it. I'm not having much pain, but a lot of discomfort, and still having other signs of problems. I will be so glad when it is over. I just hope the problems can be treated with medication.

I have heard from the Scooter Store, and they are working with Dr. Botts to get me a power chair. Found out that Medicare won't pay for the scooter, but will pay eighty per cent of the cost of a chair. Blue Cross will pay part or all of the rest of the cost. I should be hearing more some time this week.

Time to start thinking about fixing supper, so will talk some other time.

No comments: