Monday, June 15, 2009

HEALTH AND WEATHER

I can't believe how fast this year is going! I was planning to keep on top of my blog, but that didn't happen. I will have to do better from now on.

I had planned to go to Denver to spend some time with Danny, but about the time it began to heat up enough that we could sit out on the patio at Pete's, I began to have some medical problems.

Ended up having to have a colonscopy, and have been on medication since then. I'm still having problems, but I was already scheduled for another test next week. I'm not looking forward to it at all. The colonscopy itself isn't that bad, after all one is medicated, but the prep is terrible. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good result, but not very hopeful. At least the doctor has said that my problem isn't caused by cancer, so that is a good thing.

Went for my six month appointment with my pulmonary doctor, Larry Botts, today. Not much change in my breathing from visit to visit, but can tell some difference when I am active. I get winded a lot faster than I used to.

The good news is that Dr. Botts thinks I would qualify for an insurance paid scooter or power chair. His office is going to look into it for me. He said that he would recommend me for it. That would be so cool. I could go to the grocery store, Wal-Mart, book stores, movies, and other places that are hard for me to go to now. Maybe I could put skis on it in the winter, and train Teddy and Jackie to pull me. Whee!

I got a haircut and body perm Saturday. The hair looks pretty good, but I was a little shocked today when I looked in the mirror while wearing sun glasses. My darling kids used to kid me about looking like Ozzy when I put on a droopy face look while my hair was shoulder length. Today I sucked in my cheeks while wearing sun glasses, and I swear I looked like Maxine!

We have had a lot of rainy weather the past few weeks, and we are scheduled for more this week. Chance of rain tonight, and there are already severe weather watches out just west of us. Some of them are fairly new, so we may get into them later. The weather channel is talking about the Kansas City area right now. They say that we will be getting hail, strong winds and heavy rain, and it will probably last around three hours. I missed what time it is expected to get here. I had better put any unpaid bills and my medicines in my purse, just in case. Wayne is at lodge, but will probably be here before the storms reach us.

I have been feeling very melancholy today. I have no idea why, but I find myself wanting to listen to sad music, etc. Feel rather weepy, too. Oh, well. This too shall pass.

Have some things I need to do, so I will wish everyone a good night. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Kate said...

We had rain, thunder, lighting and hail yesterday. And then G calls and tells me there is a tornado watch/warning (whichever one means ones coming). I began to cry, because I am not a big fan of storms, we rarely get them, he wasn't here and we have no basement----just a house with windows all over! Then he tells me they canceled the tornado warning. Whew!