Sunday, August 2, 2009

SUNDAY MUSINGS

Back to the waiting game. I had my Sigmoidoscopy yesterday afternoon, so now I am just waiting to hear the results. Most of the time I am optimistic, but I am also nervous. I don't think I have cancer, and neither does Dr. Coleman, but until I hear for sure, I'm sure I will notice every little pain and feelings of discomfort. It will be a week to ten days before Dr. Coleman gets the results.

I didn't have to have sedation yesterday, so we were able to go out to eat as soon as we left the hospital. I hadn't eaten for over twenty-four hours, so I was ready.

Terri thought that they had their house sold, but the potential buyers didn't show up for their appointment with the realtor on Friday. She and Don will be house hunting in this area this coming week, and hopefully they find something soon. It will be good to have her living close again, but I will miss their Texas home. For their sake, I hope it sells quickly.

Garret and Kalee will be flying out of Heathrow Airport tomorrow, on their way to Chicage. From there they will fly into KCI, arriving around seven-thirty tomorrow evening. Can't wait to see them.

Been talking to Danny a lot, via phone, e-mail, and Facebook. Love keeping in touch with him. Miss seeing him. Still planning to go to Denver to see him when all the health things are taken care of. I want to sit on the patio at Greektown and catch up with my friends there.

I had a strange experience this afternoon. When my mother died several years ago, Wayne and I got her everyday silverwear. I reached in the drawer to get a spoon this afternoon, and when I picked it up I had the strangest feeling wash over me. I looked down and noticed that I had picked up one of mother's spoons. I really can't explain the feeling. It was almost like she was there. I really miss her and think of her often, but this is the first time something like this has happened. I wasn't even thinking of her when I picked up the spoon, and didn't notice it was one of her's until after I seemed to feel someone there. It wasn't scary, just strange.

I had an email from a favorite email friend recently (from California), and I realized how easy it is to lose touch with people. I am going to try harder to be a better friend. Better answer that email right now.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'd like to think it was your mother watching over you, trying to keep you calm. So many stressful things going on right now! Can't wait to see you today!

Family Man said...

Hello Ann,

You have a wonderful blog here and it's fun to read your "Ramblings" about your family, and I very much enjoyed reading about your adventure in Arkansas. :)

I feel very honored that you included me in the blogs that you follow. Thank you.

I'm looking forward to your next post.

Take care,

FM

Family Man said...

Hello Ann,

You have a wonderful blog here and it's fun to read your "Ramblings" about your family, and I very much enjoyed reading about your adventure in Arkansas. :)

I feel very honored that you included me in the blogs that you follow. Thank you.

I'm looking forward to your next post.

Take care,

FM