Friday, August 21, 2009


This was a fun day. We met Garret and Kalee for lunch in Liberty at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We must have sat there talking at least an hour after eating, then came back to our house. Garret and Wayne varnished a library index card file that Kalee had bought at an on-line auction, and she and I looked at pictures on-line of some of the houses they are looking at in Maryland.

Then Wayne showed them some of his old family dishes that he will be dividing among his kids. They stayed a while longer and had some pie. It was fun and I was sorry to see them go.

They had been using our car since they got here from England, but they have bought one now, so my car is back. I didn't mind them using it at all, but I'm still glad to have it back.

Terri was here again for several days. She and Don had found a home they liked near Richmond, and after a little back and forth, they made an acceptible bid. The house is empty, so they were able to speed up closing, and should be able to close by the third of September. Terri has already made arrangements with the movers, and things are moving right along. Their home in Texas hasn't sold yet, but they will still be able to move right away.

Terri and I went to lunch one day this week, and we had a lot of fun. Don was working and we didn't invite Wayne to go with us. It was fun spending time alone with her. She and her dad left for Texas the day after that.

Garret and Kalee will be here another week, but that isn't nearly long enough for me. Although after they leave I may be able to drive to Denver to spend some time with Danny. I've been trying to visit him for months.

I talked to Dr. Coleman's office this week, but about all they could tell me was that I don't have cancer. I was having a "flare up" when they took the last samples, so apparently the pathologist couldn't tell if they had gotten all of the pre-cancer cells. I will have a blood test in three months, and maybe they will be able to tell me something more positive then. At least I didn't get really bad news.

Weather this week has been almost like fall. Not quite that cool, but cool enough we turned the furnace on for a short time a couple of mornings. We turn the air down to sixty-three at night, and the house wasn't warming up very fast on those mornings.

Wayne had Lodge last Monday night, and I really enjoyed that time. The worst thing about being married is never having any time to yourself. I've always been this way; enjoy being alone at least a few hours a week. Or day.

I don't think we have any plans for the weekend, so maybe I will actually get some ironing done. I've been putting it off for way too long.


Family Man said...

Hi Ann,

Glad you've been having such a good time with family. I'm sure Garret and Kalee are glad to be home too. I was in the A.F. and stationed in Germany for about six years. I liked coming home, but I really did miss Europe. I tried forever to get my family to come over for a visit, but they never would.

Congrats on your "not bad news" from the doctor's office. I hope in three months it very good news.

Our weather down here has been mostly rain, but it's starting to get hot again. I'll be so glad when winter get here.

Take care and see ya later,


Kalee said...

We had fun visiting too! I've been ironing up a storm. I did the aprons last night and am working on tablecloths and napkins today. Wearing a kerchief to keep my hair back at that! Oh, and using an old stovetop perculator to brew coffee. Seriously, I feel like a 1940's housewife today!

We called realtors today, and got more information on our favorite of the 2 little houses and left a message about the row home. Both are so appealing for different reasons. But either one would be a good place to call home, I think.

Well back to ironing.....then I have more dishes to wash. Oh, how exciting this vacation is!